Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Friday 25 November 2011

Supercross Cup Round 4: St Anne’s Park 2011


What can I say that has not been said by others? A great course. Perfect for spectators. Best course of the year.
It was. It is. It will be.
For me it was a bad day. I was tired, I was stressed, I had to much going on and no way to get it down. Knowing the course only gives you so much when you've been up since 7am getting ready. Spending the morning placing stakes, taping, cutting back corners, borrowing traffic cones off the roads...it all takes its toll on your ability to ride a bike.
I loved to ride the course, I loved the shouts I got even though I was in the bottom 10, I loved the face on people as they got off on our suffering. Humans are odd, odd but great. All the while remembering that I was the cause of this pain, this torture, this masochistic rite that we take on in winter. My course, my pain, my concept.
Thanks to all who helped. Thanks to all who rode. Thanks to all who spectated.
Articles and Video:
Images:

No comments:

Post a Comment