Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Saturday 8 October 2011

Hi

Well, I thought seeing as I've now received my jersey, I should formally introduce myself.

I'm Tom, and relatively new to this cyclocross lark. I've owned a CX bike for the last year, done a handful of races, and I'm becoming increasingly addicted. Thoughts of tubs, glue, Belgium, mud, bell laps and dismounts fill my mind.

For the time being CX will be an added extra to my mountain biking and running, but I can't think of many ways I'd rather spend an hour or so on a Sunday. I'll try keep you updated with my experiences, as well as writing here and here.

See you at the (mainly Yorkshire series) races!

Tom (@24tom on twitter)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom

    Another Yorkshireman. Grand.

    I'm John and live in Guiseley, nr. Leeds. There are further Belgian Yorkshiremen in the vicinity also - who compete regularly also. So it's pretty good around here.

    I'm fairly new the the Belgians, and cx, too, but can say they are a well friendly bunch - including those from the other side of the Pennines :-) - and I'm sure you'll soon feel like a member of the family.

    See you at the Rapha Huddersfield 'do' next weekend?

    Ta

    John

    PS get some tubs - they are ace

    ReplyDelete