Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Monday 10 October 2011

A come back like Lance but without the murky allegations

The first race of the North Wales Cyclo-Cross series saw me putting Chris Carmichael's training approach to it's 4 week test. Over the course of eight laps of the woody, rooty and muddy Glynllifon Country park Course in Caernarfon.
I pushed my self to the limits (hitting 100% hr at one point). After a number of tusssels and two crashes in muddy corners. The checked flag loomed. I had finished 15th out of 23 and beat a couple of people who normally leave me in their wake. Need to do some running practice now as if I had been better I would have made up two places at least. Very pleased with the result, especially as I've just celebrated my 45th year on the planet and it appears that Mr Carmichael (who trained Mr Armstrong) has a point.
I was a little naughty and had a couple of Duvel's last night to celebrate.

Looking forward to round 2 in Bethesda on 23.10.11. Hopefully get some more Duvel in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment