Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Notts & Derbys Round 2 - Southglade Park


After a shocking start to the season at Hilton Fields last week I was hoping that round 2 at Southglade park in Nottingham would be better. It was...but only just. The course was fast flowing with no dismounts required and only a couple of sections of twisty singletrack to slow things down.

For a while I was having a ding dong battle with a group of riders where I would catch them on the technical sections but as soon as the course opened up they would pull away as I didn't have the legs to keep up. Half way through I blew completely and from that point on it was just a matter of riding my own pace and carrying on to the finish.


This week I shall be trying to improve my endurance fitness and then next Saturday it's Round 3 at Thornbridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment