Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

More 3 Peaks from a Welsh/Belgian perspective


Hello fellow Belgians. It's been a while since I wrote anything on the site, as my fingers have whittled away to tiny stumps after updating the Odoni blog pages. Anyway......after another failed attempt at 4 hours on the Peaks, I thought it would be a cathartic experience to capture it all on an LCD screen. You can find my race report here: http://bit.ly/n3JGMd

The picture on the left was taken by my mother-in-law at last years race. I felt the same this year. Apologies for the green jersey, I'm undercover at the Peaks, but wear my special flanders socks as a secret sign (and my jacket whilst warming up and cooling down).

A few quick special mentions. Well done Rich Allen for a fine effort. He sped past me on the steep bit at Ingleborough. Well done Alan for another solid effort. Very well done Rich for riding a fixie (I do admire a one cog merchant) and many thanks Jo for another king size slab of cake at the finish. Also best wishes to Dave Haygarth for a speedy recovery (look after that collarbone).

It was nice to catch with some Belgians new and old. See you next year at the Ronde.

No comments:

Post a Comment