Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Friday 23 September 2011

Crossing Back Over

Crossing Back Over
Sometime mountain biker (http://vimeo.com/12552028), full time designer (http://www.retrofuzz.com), and spare time photographer (http://flic.kr/s/aHsjsrkrqb). I actually have the camera to thank for my renewed interest in Cross after popping down to Boggart Hole Clough last season to try out a new lens and discovering this stylish looking team of fans of all things Belgian. Fast forward to this season, and after a summer of very little riding due to the time constraints of a first born, the fast frantic world of Cross is the bite size adrenaline rush I need.

Given that it's been a solid decade (and more) since hanging up my racing wheels, quite how I'll react to competitive riding remains to be seen. Still, through rose tinted glasses I can't wait for the Glaxo race, the scene of my only ever podium top step visit as a Junior - although this time around mid-table mediocrity will do me fine. If all else fails, I'll be there behind the lens for y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment