Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Sunday 24 July 2011

The Finest Beers Available to Humanity + Ebay = ……

Well….. In this latest reoccurrence of the seemingly oft visited equation, I’ve ended up with a Wolber Profile 20 tubular wheelset!!


Maybe I want the full cyclocross experience? Maybe I’ve got ideas of grandeur? Maybe, with tubulars in place on the X-Wing, I’ll be able to claw my way through the field to 89th place? Who knows?

Anyway, I have no experience in this department, so a little trip to the forum for advice is needed I feel……

3 comments:

  1. Check Al's 'crossjunkie' blog - he's the man (in a slightly deranged obsessive way)as far as tubs go and has written extensively on gluing. One tip that I could add, borrowed from Zanc, is to cover the breaking surface with a long strip of electrical tape - it saves hassle if you are a little less than neat in gluing and mounting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Electrical tape? Pah, just get neater.

    John, drop me an email on the address on my blog. I'll bore you rigid with it all and you'll wish you'd never bothered. But your tubs will be well glued on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I'll revisit Crossjunkie.

    Hhmmmm... electical tape might be a good idea - for me at least!!

    I'll look at getting the wheels sorted first, but hopefully I will be 'tubbed' up for winter.... And then there'll be no stopping me I'm sure.

    John

    ReplyDelete