Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Thursday 2 June 2011

I can resist anything bar temptation!

My program at the moment (if you can call it a program) is steady rides building base level fitness with the occasional fun off road session thrown in, no racing.
So when Crossjunkie says "fancy going over to race a summer cross in Yorkshire" I obviously say yes!!
The guys had managed to make the best of the area with some nice off camber sections and a couple of short sharp climbs, no running or carrying required and only a couple of patches of mud.
Was good to see more HCtB strips on the start line.
I am struggling at the moment with my breathing which is a result of hay fever, so riding through the long grass may not have helped matters, my legs felt strong but each time I pushed my lungs tightened up forcing me to ease back (a trip to the docs I think is needed) however I threw caution to the wind on the last lap and passed 4 or 5 riders. The issue with breathing is getting frustrating so I need to sort it out as my legs felt fine.
Al's lad Jack and my lad Matt enjoyed their race though the long jump pit seemed to give them more pleasure, just wish they could have kept their bikes out of it!!!
Anyway feet up today ready for tomorrow nights 100 mile Rapha ride!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment