Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Sunday 8 May 2011

Oakbank Summer CX

Well here we go – Round 1 of the Yorkshire CX Summer Series.

I was hoping my first blog as a Belgian would be an account of a storming race - where I dodged and weaved, and ducked and dived, and sped like a maniac, and finally succeeded in my own personal race of ‘not being last’.

Unfortunately, a bad accident on the first lap (not me) ended the race prematurely, and it was eventually abandoned. As an aside, the person in question is fine, by all accounts, and was released from hospital the following morning.

However, some positives can be taken from the evening. Firstly, I met a couple of my new team mates – Nick and Mark – good to meet you chaps. Secondly, it did feel like I was storming along, and a good finish, for me at least, was on the books I’m sure??

So, there we go – roll on Round 2…..

And remember, let’s keep safe out there.

John

2 comments:

  1. Nice one John.

    There should be some more Belgians joining you in weeks to come as we emerge blinking from the cobble season and begin to long for mud again.

    See you at Colne Valley on 1 June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep should defo be at Colne so see you then.

    However, if the weather stays like this, your quest for mud could be a long one...

    ReplyDelete