Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Thursday 24 March 2011

Cycletta

It won't have cobbles - it shouldn't be cold (it's in June) - it won't be hilly - and they have hairdressers on standby to sort out 'helmet hair'... It's a new event for women only and I'm in it. I won't ride in HCTB colours as I'll be lagging a little way behind Vic Pendleton but it's the taking part that counts. My 'training' includes shopping at Waitrose on my single speed 'super-shopper' (Friday parts lovingly assembled by Rich) but at least I've not booked a hair appointment or a massage for the end. Go girlies! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment