Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Thursday 14 October 2010

More racing last weekend

In a marked contrast, last weekends WMCCL meeting was run off in near sunshine compared to the torrential rain at round two! The ground was still quite tacky through the single track and the slippery nature caught out quite few.

A clash of dates with the opening round of the National Trophy series meant I was hoping that some of the faster guys would be at Abergavenny, unfortunately that didn't pan out and I noticed Steve Knight on the start line!

I had a good start and rolled through the first lap just outside the top 10, even after tangling with the tape. I felt the strain at the start of the second lap and lost a few places, but seemed to settle in and pull some places back over the next laps. Managing to avoid being lapped by Steve meant I could fight out the minor placings with a guy I'd been swapping places with for the second half of the race, finally pulling away from him through the single track to take 15th overall (J/V/W) and 11th in the V40-49 race.

With the new kit on my back I hope I can keep this up and show off the HCtB colours through mud, sun and whatever mother natures wants to throw our way this Winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment