Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Friday 18 December 2009


Blimey its parky. 'Proper' Flanders weather, scything in from the east just in time for the last cross race of the Welsh season. Its set to be pacy as anyone planning on an overall league position must attend. I'm not sure I'm worried about mine after a very indifferent season, but there's no way I'm missing the last opportunity in Wales for proper pain dished out Belgian style. I'll be carting down a cool box packed with trappist ale to celebrate the finish - after I've donned my Michelin Bibendum suit to fight off the cold that is.Checking the weather reports though, Northern HCtB members must be donning their arm warmers as a minimum. Can you believe that the season is nearly at a chilly end? Where on earth does it go? There is a grounsdswell of opinion down here that a summer cross season needs to be organised. I must say I'm very tempted to don my organisational cap again.

Anyway, the purpose of this blog was threefold. Firstly to thank Duncan for his monumental efforts this year. Its much appreciated by this wearer of the monochrome. Secondly, to say that I hope to get to the Christmas Charity Cross organised by Paul Milnes on the 27th and make my HCtB debut (in Wales I wear JIF colours) and finally to wish you all a good Christmas and successful velo new year. I look forward to hooking up in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment