Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Saturday 31 October 2009

Unseasonal Weather

What is going on with the weather at the moment? Crossjunkie and myself had a great training session today but I was way overdressed and spent the session feeling very warm.
Alan introduced me to his cross training route just round the corner from our homes - result.
The area has a little of everything including some nice barriers where Alan passed on his technique for smooth dismount, bike pick up and remount. Plus some good steps, climbs and downhill sections all in all the lap really flows well.


STOP PRESS Alan even got me doing some running - uphill sprints 5 in total as I am struggling with my thighs pumping up on the runs. then a final tortoise and hare with A giving me 45 second start before he set off - he wouldn't have caught me if I hadn't missed a turn and gone the wrong way, my excuse and I am sticking to it!!!


Next Saturday will see our boys (Jack and Matt) taking part in the Go Ride cross training session at Manchester which they are looking forward too nearly as much as we are!
Then Sunday should see us up at the Lakes for the NW Cross race which I hope lives up to it's surroundings if you see us and you haven't introduced yourself then please do so.

BLOG POST

Don't be shy get posting your rides, recipes, stories photo's etc lets here from you all especially those of you further afield!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment