Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Sunday 4 October 2009

Forgive me...

for I have sinned. Or at the very least offended some minor diety. In the last ten years I have broken exactly one component, a rear mech at last year's Three Peaks (well I suppose I also bent my frame in the same incident). This year I had a 'clean' Peaks but it has been sandwiched between a snapped ergo lever and today's sacrifice; a rear mech and chain.
Racing at Graves Park in Sheffield things were going well, a good start and with a bit of lead over fellow Belgian Winkie. Then that horrible tinkling sound as a branch inserts itself into the rear wheel followed by a distinct 'crack' which I vainly hoped was the branch. No such luck. Bugger! Shouldering the bike and walking back to the start (it obviously happened at the furthest point from the start) I hear the bell sound just to rub it in...


Otleyrich

No comments:

Post a Comment