Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Friday 2 October 2009

Currie before training!!!! its the future


OK the 3 Peaks are now over so for the obsessive amongst the Belgians it is now time to stop analysing and accept that now you have to do cold turkey. Friends and family be patient with your Belgian as they uncontrollably scream Simon fell! cramp!and land cruisers! it will soon pass (well we hope!).

They need to have a new focus so what better than a muddy cross race - I am sure there will be a smattering of Belgians on Sunday for the NW cross at Bolton.

Yesterday I was out visiting a potential new client in Bradford the sun shone all day and to my utter dismay there were many cyclists out enjoying the weather, just a slight hint of jealousy at their good fortune. Not to worry with kids at swimming club I had plans of a slightly earlier finish a bite to eat and getting out for an hour as the sun set. However the best laid plans etc. on arriving home like an eager puppy my hopes were dashed in a nice way as my good lady had got a curry lined up with an accompanying bottle of dry cider - discretion dictated that my Bonn Ami was maintained and i didn't sulk like a child at missing my longed for ride.

All was not lost as after collecting the kids I headed to the cellar for a turbo session. 5 mins warm up then a block of 5 30 sec sprints with 1 min rest, 5 mins recovery then a second block. It was the second block that the thought hit me that this was possibly not the best session to follow a curry and cider as I contended with the twin delights of my heart trying to break through my chest whilst at the same time fighting the urge to barf!!!

Happy days

No comments:

Post a Comment