Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Sunday 20 September 2009

Oops

A week to go for the Three Peaks and I just had to do a little 'last race'. Obviously I took it easy, it was dry, nothing technical etc. So how the heck did I wash out taking grass corner too quick? One lever down I still had a fun race but now need to replace it prior to the 'Peaks :-( At least Here Come The Belgians and the 'Dorothy' shoes got a mention ;-)


-- Otleyrich's iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Never would have happened with Shimano....

    Please explain Dorothy shoes?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite right Al, with Shimano my race would have been over (the rear mech would have probably eaten my wheel too) whereas with Campag I completed the remaining two laps and still scraped in 12th vet ;->

    As for Dorothy shoes - you'll see ;-)

    ReplyDelete