Formed in June 09, Here Come the Belgians is a non-elite anti-team celebrating all things cross, cobbled and Belgian.
Seeking a different experience to the traditional cycling club, its aim is to harness the energy of a vibrant internet cycling community with grass roots racing and riding based around Cyclocross and Spring Classics. There is no race programme in the style of a racing team, more a collection of individual experiences through rides and racing, in whatever location a member may be, that all can share in and contribute toward.

Thursday 20 August 2009

Secret Trap of Cycling

After reading Molly Cameron's blog where he contemplates the secret trap of cycling I began to wonder if this trap had been sprung on myself?
Thanks to crossjunkie I am the proud owner of an Uncle John cx bike purchased with the intent on doing the odd commute into the office and the weekend ride to help keep the waistline in some form of check. I was easily steered to the advantages of a cx bike having raced mtb's the appeal of a bike I could get muddy instantly hit home (or maybe crossjunkie has mystical powers to convert people to cx!!).The trap was baited!
My firm intent of getting back in the saddle was just to enjoy it and get my fitness back, any events entered were purely aimed at goals to help motivate me out of the chair and onto the saddle. Soul cycling just doing it for the shear pleasure, no pressure, no racing, no worries!!
So has the trap been sprung? As I write this there is that rewarding ache in my legs after last night doing 30 minutes on the rivet in order to ramp up my fitness levels for the first race of the season, my diet has shifted towards high protein, low fat medium carbs and Sunday morning when most were still in bed I was out in the rain seeking hills to climb and riding to the beat of my heart rate monitor!
Has the trap been sprung? Maybe not fully but I have the feeling that it is about to snare another victim.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the secret place????!!!! ;o) Let me know when you're ready, buddy.

    ReplyDelete